Member Voting Qualifications
Ready to call Crossroads home? Join us for our Membership Class! This class includes a discussion of our mission, vision, church structure, beliefs and history.
Our next Membership Class is Sunday, May 19. If you have questions about membership at Crossroads, please contact us at 812-858-8668.
Newburgh Campus Class
9:00 AM, Room 222
West Campus Class
9:00 AM, Welcome Center
Responsibilities of Membership (From By-Laws Article II, Section D)
A member in good standing of Crossroads Christian Church is expected to:
• Assume responsibility for his/her own spiritual nourishment through personal
and corporate Bible study and prayer. (Acts 2:42, II Timothy 2:15, I Thessalonians 5:17)
• Participate faithfully in public worship services.
• Join the family life of the church in a congregational and/or small group context.
• Exercise his/her spiritual gifts in specific areas of involvement. (Romans 12:1-8)
• Support the variety of ministries of the church through prayer and service.
(Philippians 1:3-5, 18b-19)
• Contribute financially to this congregation in a consistent, generous manner.
(I Corinthians 16:1,2; II Corinthians 8:7)
• Share his/her faith personally while supporting others who proclaim the gospel
around the world. (Acts 8:4; II Corinthians 9:12-15)
• Respond positively to the leadership of the Council of Elders in matters of Church
policy and discipline. (Hebrews 13:17)
Voting Qualifications (From By-Laws Article IV, Section B, Paragraph 5)
To be qualified to vote, the member must be a "member in good standing" as defined by Article II Section D. At any time a vote is taken, the qualifications of Article II Section D shall be read and each person in attendance shall search his/her own conscience and decide whether or not he/she should vote.
Why should I join Crossroads?
- Membership is a demonstration of your commitment to Jesus and His church.
- Becoming a member empowers and allows you to serve in more ways at Crossroads.
- It signifies your adoption into God’s family.
Requirements for Membership
- Believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Confess your faith. (Romans 10:9)
- Repent of your sins. (Acts 3:19)
- Be baptized by immersion. (Acts 2:38)
- Attend a Membership Class to learn more.
If you have any questions about membership, call us at 812-858-8668.